Protect Your Driving Privileges And Clean Record After A DUI Or DWI Arrest
DUI or DWI charges constitute a legal emergency, no matter whether you agree or disagree with them. The two terms are similar but differ in severity. In Texas, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) is a charge used for drivers under age 21. A conviction only requires proof that the driver had any alcohol or drugs in their body. Driving while intoxicated (DWI), on the other hand, requires proof that the driver had at least .08 blood alcohol content. Even for a young driver, a DWI is a more serious offense.
No matter whether you were charged with DUI or DWI, you must waste no time getting legal defense. You may lose your driver’s license and go to jail now — and have a permanent criminal record after your conviction. If Le Brocq & Horner Law Firm is your defense firm after a DUI or DWI arrest, we will help you fight to keep your driving privileges at least while your case is pending. Our defense attorneys, Stephen Le Brocq and Evan Horner, are skillful litigators with a strong track record. They are ready to defend your rights and future after a drunk driving arrest.
Legal Issues Your Case May Involve
A DUI or DWI case is not just a major traffic ticket. It is a criminal matter that can cause you serious problems now and for years if you are convicted. We are ready to stand up for your rights in all aspects of your case, such as:
- Helping you keep or recover your driver’s license
- Keeping you out of jail
- Challenging the validity of the sobriety or chemical test that the police used
- Challenging the police officer’s reason for stopping you in traffic
- Fighting to prevent the suspension or revocation of your driver’s license
- Persuading a prosecutor or judge to lower or eliminate fines and penalties such as the mandatory installation of an interlock device in your car
- Taking necessary steps to protect your commercial driver’s license (CDL), immigration status (student visa, work visa, family-based visa, DACA eligibility or permanent residency), child custody rights, passport or professional license
- Protecting your eligibility for jobs that you might not qualify for if convicted of DUI or DWI
- Keeping your case out of the media if you are a publicly known figure, or mitigating damage if this cannot be avoided altogether
If your arrest is for a repeat or aggravated offense, we have the litigation skills to fight those charges and the associated penalties.
Don’t Delay; Reach Out To An Experienced Defense Attorney In The Dallas-Fort Worth Area
We are ready to pursue all available remedies for your DUI or DWI case. We will make your problems our problems until we help you get a favorable outcome.